What we have to tell you is that the smell of your vagina should never be a punch line for a horrible joke but most women in the world have to deal with the vaginal odor at least a few times in their whole lifetime. It is true that every woman has a different scent and might be affected by many factors, which include infection, menstruation and sexual activity. Healthy and normal vagina should not have any odor at all and these are the things that you need to make sure you smell fresh and stay clean down there.
Washing and showering tips:
- Depending on your routine you have every day, you might need to shower daily, especially if you notice a smelly vagina
- After a working out session, please make sure that you shower so you remove the sweat of your whole body including the vagina.
- Do not try to mask the smell by using fragrant soap, and if possible use only natural soaps because most of the soaps that people use nowadays contain chemicals that can upset the natural balance of the vagina and also can cause irritation
- Always only clean the outer part of you genitalia because this can make the problem even worse
- Do not try to douche unless your doctor had told you so.
- Always wipe the vagina from front to back so you that way avoid infection and for this you can use wet wipes and baby wipes so you remove the dry wipe residue, which can also cause some infection.
In case you are using some items for this part of your body, here we mention some things that you will need to remember:
- Always take lubricant that is water based or silicone
- Never use some products that are for around the vagina, such as lotions that are not meant for vaginal use
- Only use breathable cotton underwear and also make sure you change it at least one daily.
- If you use tampons do not leave them there for a long time because it encourages the immune system to respond and attack the foreign object, and this same advice is intended for a condom in the case where it breaks and a small part of it stays in the vagina.
Bacterial growth, poor hygiene, yeast infections and even hormonal changes can affect having odor in the vagina, and in case where it is smelly you might want to try to resolve the problem right away. If there exist some other problems and symptoms, such as irritation, burning, redness and itching in the area that can be a result of an infection and you should immediately visit your doctor in order to get a diagnosis.